Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Driveway #1 - Check all that apply.
Show proposed driveway(s) on attached sketch or site plan. This plan must show details of proposed driveways including proposed width and radius, pipe length and size, adjacent property lines, driveways on adjacent property, existing and proposed buildings, and parking areas and roadway features.
- I, the undersigned property owner, request access and permission to construct driveway(s) or street(s) on public right-ofway at the above location.
- I agree that no signs or objects will be placed on or over the public right-of-way other than those approved by the Town.
- I agree that the driveway(s) or street(s) will be constructed as shown on the attached plans.
- I agree that the driveway(s) or street(s) as used in this agreement include any approach tapers, storage lanes or speed change lanes as deemed necessary by the Town Engineer.
- I agree that if any future improvements to the roadway become necessary, the portion of driveway(s) or street(s) located on public right-of-way will be considered the property of the Town of Huntersville, and I will not be entitled to reimbursement or have any claim for present expenditures for driveway or street construction.
- I agree that this permit becomes void if construction of driveway(s) or street(s) is not completed within 6 months.
- I agree to construct and maintain the driveway(s) or street(s) in a safe manner so as not to interfere with or endanger the public travel.
- I agree to provide during construction proper signs, signal lights, flaggers and other warning devices for the protection of traffic in conformance with the current “Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices for Streets and Highways” and Amendments or Supplements thereto. Information as to the above rules and regulations may be obtained from the Town Engineer.
- I agree to indemnify and save harmless the Town of Huntersville from all damages and claims for damage that may arise by reason of this construction.
- I agree that the Town of Huntersville will assume no responsibility for any damages that may be caused to such facilities, within the highway right-of-way limits, in carrying out its construction.
- I agree to provide a Performance and Indemnity Bond in the amount specified by the Town Engineer for any construction proposed on the Town of Huntersville maintained system.
- I AGREE TO NOTIFY THE TOWN ENGINEER IN WRITING WHEN THE PROPOSED WORK BEGINS AND WHEN IT IS COMPLETED.
- I agree that the driveway(s) described in this permit application will be constructed according to the approved driveway permit.
Print and Sign
Town of Huntersville Driveway Permit Applications must include:
1. Two original, signed Driveway Applicant Forms.
2. Two sets of site plans (or detailed sketch on separate page).
3. Mail or hand deliver application forms and site plans to Town Engineer's attention to: 105 Gilead Road, Ste 300, Huntersville, NC 28078.
If the new driveway is to be located on a state maintained road, contact the North Carolina Department of Transportation at 704-596-6900.
Driveways on all thoroughfare roads must be at least 20 feet from side property line and 40 feet from existing driveways on adjacent property.
Sign If Approved
* indicates a required field