Each year, the adoption commitment begins at the beginning of a quarter (January 1, April 1, July 1, October 1) and lasts for a period of one or two years. Adopting individual/organizations are asked to make a one-year commitment to their park or trail completing a minimum of four (4) projects per year. However, applications may be taken during the year and the number of expected cleanup project may be prorated according to the adoption approval date. It is each Adopted Park’s contact person’s responsibility to organize four yearly clean-ups and keep track of the group’s total volunteer hours and clean-up supplies, which are provided by Huntersville Parks and Recreation Departmen (HPRD) for each Adopted Park.
In addition, it is the responsibility of the Adopted Parks’ contact person to:
- Inform the AAP Coordinator of your scheduled cleanup date no less than two (2) weeks in advance so that arrangements can be made for trash removal, and we can let you know of any potential conflicts
- Pick up litter / debris and place the filled trash bags in the designated areas
- Adhere to the Safety Guidelines as provided to you by the AAP Coordinator
- Report any vandalism or potential safety hazards found in your adopted space
- Complete and return AAP Progress Report, Volunteer Applications, Photos and Volunteer Service Record within 14 days of project completion. These can be returned in person, by mail or electronically.