Bulk Item Pickup
The Town of Huntersville offers Bulk Item Pickup for a fee as a service to residents. Residents can arrange for brush pickup and major appliance/large garbage pickup. Information associated with fees can be found below.
Forms and Fee Information
- Separate forms and categories correspond to the types of pickup and disposal necessary for each item.
- To schedule a pickup, complete a Brush Pickup or Major Appliance/Garbage Pickup form. Forms may be completed at Town Hall in person or printed off and brought to Town Hall to save time.
Bulk Item Pickup Form for Brush
Bulk Item Pickup Form for Major Appliance/Large Garbage/Furniture
- Completed forms and payment (cash or check) must be received by Huntersville Town Hall on Friday at 2:30pm in order for bulk waste to be picked up the following Monday.
- Please contact Huntersville at 704-875-7007 if you have any additional questions.
- We do not collect construction debris.
- We do not pick up in any alleys. Items must be curbside for pickup.
- Fees for brush pickup are determined based on the size of the brush pile.
- A single brush pile of 10-feet long by 10-feet wide by 5-feet high will be picked up for $40.
- Each additional brush pile of 10-feet long by 10-feet wide by 5-feet high will be picked up for $40.
- Brush can be cut into lengths of up to 10 feet.
- Only the size of the pile for which the fee has been paid will be picked up.
Major Appliance/Large Garbage/Furniture Pickup
- Pickup of major appliances/furniture/garbage, etc., now falls into one of four categories. Separate fees are charged for each category of items. For example, pick up of a refrigerator and a mattress would result in a fee of $40 + $40 = $80.
- Please call 704-875-7007 for special pricing on specific items, moving boxes and packing paper.
|Category||Items||Price of 2 Items||Price of Each Additional Item|
|1||Washer, dryer, refrigerator, stove, window unit
air conditioner, pressure washer, water
heater, dishwasher, outdoor grill, metal
outdoor furniture, metal swing set, exercise
equipment, lawnmower, etc.
|2||Stand sofa/loveseat, 2 recliners/chairs, wooden
dining table, 2 coffee or end tables, TV or lamp,
non-metal exercise equipment, up to 4 bags or
boxes of trash, sink/toilet/fiberglass tub, mattress,
box spring, dresser/desk/hutch, microwave,
non-metal outdoor furniture (table and two chairs).
|3||Sectional sofa, hot tub, piano, wooden swing
set/large playground equipment.
|4||Include any “other” items not included in one of the
three categories. Residents should list and note the
quantity of those “other” items and contact the Huntersville
Public Works department for pricing at 704-875-7007.
|Call for Pricing|
Other Bulk-Item Disposal Options Available
North Mecklenburg Recycling Center
Residents are welcome to take bulk items, garbage and yard debris to the North Mecklenburg Recycling Center; however, may be subject to disposal fees.
- The North Mecklenburg Recycling Center is located at 12300 North Statesville Road in Huntersville and is open 7:00am-4:00pm Monday through Saturday.
- Construction debris are not accepted at North Mecklenburg Recycling Center.
- For more information about the North Mecklenburg Recycling Center and Yard Waste Center’s policies, contact them at 704-875-1563.
Greenway Waste Solutions (Formerly North Mecklenburg Landfill)
- Construction debris and items not accepted at the North Mecklenburg Recycling can be taken to the North Mecklenburg Landfill for a fee.
- Facility is located at 15300 Holbrooks Road in Huntersville and is open Monday through Friday from 7:00am-5:00pm and on Saturday from 7:00am-Noon.
- Additional information can be found on North Mecklenburg Landfill here or by phone at 704-875-3367.
- County residents can take materials to the Foxhole landfill located at 17131 Lancaster Highway in southern Mecklenburg County.
Private Service Providers
- Several private service providers offer trash and large item pickup for a fee. Listed below are two service providers.