Building Permit

For residential property

If the property is located outside of a subdivision then zoning approval will be needed from the Huntersville Planning Department. There are some exceptions to this rule.  Contact the Planning Department for a determination - 704-875-7000.

For commercial property

Commercial upfits and building permits are processed by Mecklenburg County Code Enforcement.  Plans will need to be submitted electronically to their office.  The County will route all upfit plans and building permit plans to the Huntersville Planning Department for a zoning review.

For new commercial development, please reference the Commercial Site Plan review process.

For change of use plans, please reference the Change of Use process for zoning.

Ordinance References

Zoning Ordinance - Article 11.1

Helpful Documents