Town Citation Appeal Process
The following information is the appeal process for individuals who believe their Town of Huntersville ordinance citation was issued in error.
You have a right to appeal a violation within 7 days of the date of the incident. All appeals are processed through the Huntersville Police Department located at:
9630 Julian Clark Avenue
Huntersville, NC 28078
All appeals must be in writing.
Steps for Appealing Citation
Here’s how you go about it:
- Mail: Request a Town Citation Appeal Form (PDF) from the Huntersville Police Department, 9630 Julian Clark Avenue Huntersville, North Carolina 28078. Include your citation number and a brief explanation of your circumstances. Return this form to the Huntersville Police Department, 9630 Julian Clark Avenue Huntersville, North Carolina 28078.
- In Person: Present a copy of your citation with a completed Town Citation Appeal Form (PDF) to the appropriate Huntersville Police representative.
- Appeal Results Notice: You will be mailed a letter notifying you of the determination made on your citation, within 7 days from the date the notice is received by the Huntersville Police Department.
Before You Appeal
Things you need to know before you appeal your citation:
- The Town Citation Appeal Form (PDF) must be submitted to Huntersville Police Department within 7 days of the issuance of the citation.
- The parking citation number must be included on the Town Citation Appeal Form (PDF).
- Retain a copy of the documents you submit. Original documents will not be returned.
- Incomplete information or failure to submit the Town Citation Appeal Form and documentation within the 7 day requirement will automatically negate the opportunity to appeal.
Not Reasons for an Appeal
- Lack of knowledge of the Town of Huntersville Ordinance.
- Appointment conflict or tardiness going to or returning from appointments.
- Inability to find a valid parking space.