The Planning Board functions as an advisory board to the Town Board on all requests for changes in the zoning laws, and ordinances of the Town of Huntersville subdivision requests pursuant to the Huntersville Subdivision Ordinance, and is empowered to make recommendations to the Town Board, or other governmental agencies consistent with the Planning Board's charged obligation to provide for proper planning for the future growth of the Town of Huntersville, and its environs.
Board of Adjustments
This Board handles issues that arise from the enforcement of the Huntersville Zoning Ordinance on individual properties; such as variance requests for relief from the requirements of the Zoning Ordinance, and appeals from determinations or decisions made by Planning Staff. The Board of Adjustment also acts as the Water Review Board for Density Averaging Certificates. Requests are heard in a quasi-judicial (court style) manner in which sworn testimony is given and decisions are based on facts and evidence presented.
Huntersville Ordinances Advisory Board
The Huntersville Ordinances Advisory Board is established to:
- Review, evaluate and recommend amendments to the Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances to the Planning Board and the Town Board.
- Review, evaluate and recommend amendments to Town planning processes and procedures to the Planning Board and Town Board.
- Other such related Zoning and Subdivision Ordinance as directed from the Town Board or Planning Board.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities prescribed above, the Advisory Board shall:
- Exercise such additional functions as the Town Board may direct
- Keep the Town Board and the general public informed and advised as to matters within their duties and responsibilities
- Review the towns Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances and concerns from residents and developers
Advisory Board Quick Links
Huntersville Ordinance Advisory Board