Who is Responsible?
Streets may be maintained by the Town, the state, or a private party. The Powell Bill Maps show who is responsible for the maintenance of each street. Town-maintained streets are traditionally neighborhood side-streets, and not main thoroughfares.
Public Works maintains more than 220 miles of Town-owned streets, drainage structures, and sidewalks to ensure they are in a safe working condition.
Board approved funds are used to perform yearly asphalt resurfacing, based on a third-party evaluation of current road conditions. We appreciate your help to advise us of a potential concern.
Report a Concern
Use the Public Works Maintenance Request Form to tell us about any of the following concerns:
- Lifted sidewalk panels
- Missing or shifted inlet covers
- Any other road, sidewalk or public infrastructure concern
- A fallen or damaged street sign or street tree may be maintained by others*
*Please note, if the street, street sign/ pole, and/or tree is not maintained by the Town of Huntersville, the request will be forwarded onto the responsible party.
- NCDOT maintained streets and all traffic signals - call 980-523-0160
- Privately owned streets and decorative street sign poles - contact the Homeowner's Association, Condominium Association or Developer.