Street Maintenance

Tree Down Across Road

Roads/Streets in Huntersville are maintained by the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT), The Town, or by private interests. A map of streets within the Town and who maintains them is available for download or can be purchased at the Planning Department Office. Download a list of public streets and the length maintained.

The Town maintains more than 207 miles of public streets. The Public Works Department and its fourteen employees are committed to ensuring Town streets, drainage structures, and sidewalks are in safe condition. For maintenance requests of Town streets, click on one of the pictures above to initiate a request. For maintenance requests on NCDOT maintained streets, call 980-523-0160.

Report a Fallen Sign

To report a damaged or knocked down street sign (other than a stop sign) or request a new street sign, contact the Public Works Department at 704-875-7007 or send an email to Ginger Hersom. 

For knocked down or missing stop signs call, weekdays between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. contact the Public Works Department at 704-875-7007 or not during weekdays or on weekends call the police at 704-464-5400.

You can also use our online maintenance request form.

Report a Fallen Tree

To report a tree that has fallen in the road or across the sidewalk, contact the Public Works Department at 704-875-7007 or send an email to Ginger Hersom. You may also use the online request form.

Public Works Ordinance

On September 19, 2016, the Town Board adopted a Public Works Ordinance into Huntersville's Code of Ordinances. Familiarize yourself with the Town's street, sidewalk and right-of-way regulations by reading the adopted Public Works Ordinance.


Below is a list of maps showing the Huntersville streets that are scheduled to be resurfaced in 2020.  Exacts dates for resurfacing TBA.