- Local Government
- Advisory Boards & Commissions
- Board of Adjustment
Board of Adjustment
This Board handles issues that arise from the enforcement of the Huntersville Zoning Ordinance on individual properties; such as variance requests for relief from the requirements of the Zoning Ordinance, and appeals from determinations or decisions made by Planning Staff. The Board of Adjustment also acts as the Water Review Board for Density Averaging Certificates. Requests are heard in a quasi-judicial (court style) manner in which sworn testimony is given and decisions are based on facts and evidence presented.
- Please check the calendar for any changes to meeting dates, times or locations.
- 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. (unless otherwise published)
- Town Hall: 101 Huntersville-Concord Road, Huntersville, NC 28078
The Board of Adjustment ("BOA") is a citizen committee appointed by the Town Board of Commissioners consisting of 7 Regular Members, and 3 Alternate Members comprised of citizens residing in the Town limits and the Town's extraterritorial jurisdiction ("ETJ").
- Edward Cecil, Chairman (Term expires: June 2023)
- Steven Genenbacher (Term expires: June 2023)
- Michelle Bennett (Term expires: June 2025)
- Kimberle Burton, ETJ (Term expires: June 2024)
- Jonathan Bradshaw (Term expires: June 2024)
- Jason Loucks (Term expires: June 2024)
- Peter Jacobson (Term expires: June 2024)
- John Passarelli, Alternate Member (Term expires: June 2023)
- Chris Price, Alternate Member (Term expires: June 2025)
- John Carbonell, Alternate Member (Term expires: June 2025)
If interested in serving on the Board, complete and submit an application (PDF). Applications can also be picked up from the Planning Department located in the Town Center, 3rd Floor, 105 Gilead Road, during normal working hours.