Board of Adjustment
- 6:30 p.m.
- 2nd Tuesday of each month
- Town Hall
101 Huntersville-Concord Road
Huntersville, NC 28078
- 2018 Board of Adjustment Submittal Deadlines and Meeting Schedule
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Bethany Welch, Chairman Term expires: June 2021
- Edward Cecil, Vice Chairman Term expires: June 2020
- Joseph Kluttz III Term expires: June 2021
- Dennis Brewer Term expires: June 2021
- Steven Genenbacher Term expires: June 2020
- Toniann Primiano Term expires: June 2019
- Wilbur Smith, ETJ Member Term expires: June 2021
- Jonathan Bradshaw, Alternate Member Term expires: June 2020
- Jason Loucks, Alternate Member Term expires: June 2019
- Peter Jacobson, Alternate Member Term expires: June 2019
The Board of Adjustment ("BOA") is a citizen committee appointed by the Town Board of Commissioners consisting of 7 Regular Members, and 3 Alternate Members comprised of citizens residing in the Town limits and the Town's extraterritorial jurisdiction ("ETJ").
This Board handles issues that arise from the enforcement of the Huntersville Zoning Ordinance on individual properties; such as variance requests for relief from the requirements of the Zoning Ordinance, and appeals from determinations or decisions made by Planning Staff. The Board of Adjustment also acts as the Water Review Board for Density Averaging Certificates. Requests are heard in a quasi-judicial (court style) manner in which sworn testimony is given and decisions are based on facts and evidence presented.
If interested in serving on the Board, complete and submit an application (PDF). Applications can also be picked up from the Planning Department located in the Town Center, 3rd Floor, 105 Gilead Road, during normal working hours.