The Town of Huntersville in cooperation with the City of Charlotte, Mecklenburg County and the other five towns in the County have launched the CharMeck Alerts Notification System.
This system relays accurate and timely notifications of the information you want and need to know - straight from your local leaders. With CharMeck Alerts, you control how you’re contacted - whether it’s on your cell, work or home phone, via text, email or voice message.
You can receive up-to-the-minute notifications about events and emergencies that may affect your home, workplace, or other points of interest - anywhere in Mecklenburg County (including the City of Charlotte and all of the Towns).
You Control Your Alerts
You choose which CharMeck Alerts to receive:
- Emergency alerts from your local fire or police department
- Severe weather and health alerts that impact you and your family
- Amber and Silver alerts to help find missing people who may be in danger
- Community alerts including special events and traffic within your city or town
You can even choose to receive alerts about specific neighborhoods in your town. You have complete control and can select how you want to be notified, whether via text, email or even a phone call. It’s totally up to you!
Get Your Alerts, Every Time
Once a message is sent by the system, if you do not confirm receipt of the message on your primary device, the system will try your additional contact methods.
Signing up is easy!
- Create a username and password
- Choose the types of alerts you want to receive
- Enter the locations within Mecklenburg County for which you want information - select up to 5
- Pick your preferred method(s) of delivery - text, phone, email
- Enter your information (wireless phone number, home phone number and email address)
View CharMeckAlerts for more information and to sign up.
Email CharMeck Alerts Support Team.
Does CharMeck Alert You?
Register and start receiving alerts.