Accolades Through the Years
Through responsible management and growth management policies, the Town of Huntersville has achieved numerous distinctions and accolades throughout the years. We are proud of our achievements and will continue striving to make Huntersville a great place to live, work and play.
- September 2017 - Number 19 on Nerd Wallet's Best Places for Young Families in North Carolina
- April 2017 - Number 16 on National Council for Home Safety and Security's Safest Cities in North Carolina list.
- April 2017 - Number 11 on Niche.com's best suburbs to live in North Carolina.
- March 2017 - Number 8 on Charlotte Magazine's best suburbs of Charlotte list.
- December 2016 - Number 5 on ValuePenguin's 2016 Safest Places in North Carolina (Large Cities > 25,000 population)
- October 2016 - Number 2 on WalletHub's 2016 Best Places to Raise a Family in North Carolina
- November 2013 - Number 8 on Movoto’s 10 Best Cities in North Carolina, based on cost of living, crime rate, education, median household income, home value and amenities.
- October 2013 - Number 6 on Nerd Wallet’s Top Places in NC for Job Seekers, based on whether or not cities were growing, median household income/affordability and the unemployment rate.
- August 2010 - Standard and Poor’s upgrades Town of Huntersville’s G.O. Bonds to AAA (its highest rating)
- May 2010 - Moody’s Investors Service upgrade G.O. Bonds to Aaa (its highest rating)
- March 2010 - 4th Best Affordable Suburb in America by BusinessWeek, based on suburbs to the largest cities in each of the 50 United States
- May 2008 - Standard and Poor’s upgrades Town of Huntersville’s G.O. Bonds to AA+ and Moody’s Investors Service upgrade G.O. Bonds to Aa1
- July 2006 - One of America’s Top-Rated Smaller Cities by Grey House Publishing (2006 / 2007 Edition)
- November 2005 - One of Top Places to Retire in North Carolina by CNN/Money magazine
- July 2005 - Number 76 on Top 100 Best Places to Live 2005 by Money magazine
- December 2004 - One of America’s Top-Rated Smaller Cities by Grey House Publishing (2004 / 2005 Edition)