Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Crematoriums are permitted in the HC district subject to a Special Use Permit, according to the procedures of Section 11.4.10.
The Town Board shall issue a Special Use Permit for the use in the HC District is, but not unless the evidence presented at the Special Use Permit hearing establishes:
1. Are accessory to an established Funeral Home.
2. That the proposed use will not emit noticeable odors; and
3. That the proposed use will be constructed and operated in compliance with all applicable environmental regulations; and
4. That all storage, handling, incineration, and loading facilities will be located at least 50 feet from any exterior property line; and
5. The number of cremations shall be below that requiring an air quality permit by Mecklenburg County per current calendar year.
6. That active use portions of the site will be entirely enclosed in the principal structure.
Zoning Ordinance Table of Contents