Article 9.52 - Country Inn Development Transitional Residential Zoning District
Country Inn Developments are permitted in the Transitional Residential Zoning District subject to a Special Use Permit, according to the procedures of Section 11.4.10.
The Town Board shall issue a Special Use Permit for the subject facility in the TR District if, but not unless, the evidence presented at the Special Use Permit hearing establishes:
1. That the use will be located on a lot of at least twenty (20) acres in size; and
2. That the total dwelling rooms do not exceed twenty-four (24) rooms for rental and/or owner/staff occupancy in a maximum of ten buildings (two (2) main inns and up to eight (8) residential cottages); and
3. That the owner/management shall reside on-site.
4. That the use may utilize the rural lane street design standards of Article 5; and
5. That the use may utilize a paved private drive. If a private drive is used it shall be constructed on a recorded easement not less than twenty (20) feet in width serving the Country Inn exclusively with the following restrictions:
a. The recorded easement shall have at least thirty (30) feet of frontage on a public street.
b. The private paved road, must be at least eighteen (18) feet wide and constructed in accordance with the Land Development Standards Manual as it applies to Huntersville. Private drive right of way or easement shall be of such width to accommodate drainage/water quality treatment.
c. The plat and associated deeds shall clearly state such drive shall remain private and will not be taken over by a public entity in the future; and
6. That special events shall be allowed for the public such as wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, afternoon tea, parties, business meetings/retreats and similar events with the following restrictions:
a. That hours of operation, including set-up and break-down, for special events will be no earlier than 9 a.m. and no later than 11 p.m.
b. That special events must comply with the noise restrictions identified in the Town of Huntersville Noise Ordinance; and
7. That there will be a separation of no less than:
a. Parking areas shall be located one-hundred (100) feet from arterial roads and thoroughfares, thirty-five (35) feet from internal public streets and driveways and one hundred (100) feet from adjacent properties except when their uses are adjacent to dedicated open spaces, either by deed or easement, in which case, the setback shall be thirty-five (35) feet. Parking areas will be visually buffered from the arterial roads and thoroughfares.
b. Special event areas shall be located one hundred (100) feet from any property boundary located in a residential district or developed for residential or mixed use purposes except when their uses are adjacent to the dedicated open spaces either by deed or easement, in which case the setback shall be thirty-five (35) feet. A thirty (30) foot vegetated buffer along the property line is required for special event areas except when the adjacent property uses are dedicated open spaces either by deed or easement. Additional buffers may be required as part of d) of this section.
c. All newly constructed accessory structures such as: Barns, Green Houses, Vertical Gardens, Agriculture or Farm related structures shall be located one hundred (100) feet from any property located in a residential district or developed for residential or mixed use purposes except when their uses are adjacent to the dedicated open spaces either by deed or easement in which case the setback shall be thirty-five (35) feet.
d. As each property is unique, the Town Board may modify the buffers for a Country Inn Development based on particular topographical issues and uses of the property. For instance, additional buffer requirements may be appropriate for special event areas and/or reduction in buffer area may be appropriate for farming or pasture areas within the Country Inn project.
8. The Country Inn Development shall be rural in nature and considered a single lot development and shall not be required to provide connector roads to or through other residential developments.