Correctional Facilities are permitted in the SP District subject to a Special Use Permit, according to the procedures of Section 11.4.10.
The Town Board shall issue a Special Use Permit for a correctional institution in the SP District if, but not unless, the evidence presented at the Special Use Permit hearing establishes:
1. That the proposed use will comply with all standards which this ordinance applies to uses in the SP Districts; and
2. That the principal structure and any accessory use or structure (excluding property boundary fencing) will be located at least 500 feet from any property located in a residential district or mixed use district; and
3. That property boundary fencing shall not employ barbed wire, razor wire, electrical fencing, or similar materials where abutting property located in a residential district or mixed use district; and
4. That security fencing will be provided an opaque screen on the exterior of fencing wherever it is adjacent to a street or property in a residential or mixed use district; and
5. That all lighting for the facility will be oriented so that direct beams of light shine away from all abutting properties and into the correctional facility property; and
6. That the use will be located on a lot of at least 10 acres if the facility has beds for more than 100 inmates; and
7. That the use will be located on a lot of at least five acres if the facility has beds for 100 or fewer inmates.