Raceways and Drag strips are permitted in the SP District subject to a Special Use Permit, according to the procedures of Section 11.4.10.
The Town board shall issue a Special Use Permit for the subject facility in the SP District if, but not unless, the evidence presented at the Special Use Permit hearing establishes:
1. That the use will be located on a lot of at least 50 acres; and
2. That vehicular access to the use will be provided only by way of a major or minor thoroughfare; and
3. That no direct beams of light from outdoor lighting fixtures, signs, or vehicles maneuvering on the site will shine into any abutting property located in a residential district; and
4. That a minimum separation of 100 feet, fully vegetated, shall be provided between the fenced use area and any abutting property line; existing vegetation shall be preserved to the extent practicable and supplemented with new plantings as may be required to provide a year-round opaque buffer from abutting properties; and
5. That the site shall be screened from the street(s) by a masonry wall or a solid wood fence, planted on the exterior side with a semi-opaque vegetative screen with expected height of at least 8 feet at maturity; if security fencing of chain link or similar material is provided, it shall be placed on the interior side of the vegetation and wall or fence; and
6. That hours of operation will be no earlier than 8 a.m. and no later than 11 p.m.