Who Do I Call > Animal Control

Huntersville Animal Control

Huntersville Animal Services
Dial '9-1-1' to have Animal Services Technician Dispatched to Your Location.

The Huntersville Animal Services Technician is a non-sworn employee that works 40 hours per week, but is also available on call to provide 24-hour emergency animal services to the citizens of the Town of Huntersville. In addition, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Animal Care and Control is contracted to assist if the Huntersville Police Department’s Animal Services Technician is unavailable.

Animal Services Registration

If you live within the Town limits of Huntersville, you are required by Towncode: Animal Control; Article 2, Section 4-32(A) to maintain current registration of dogs and cats over the age of four months. By registering your pet(s) with Huntersville Police Department's Animal Services, you are no longer required to register with Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department's Animal Control. Pet registration is a free service offered by the Town of Huntersville.

To register your animal(s), proof of current rabies inoculation is required! You may download/print this registration, complete and bring this form, along with proof of inoculation, to the Huntersville Police Department located at 102 Gilead Road, or have your Veterinarian authenticate your information and mail this card to:

Huntersville Police Department
P.O. Box 664
Huntersville, NC 28070
Attention: Animal Services

Your registration tag will be forwarded to you as soon as possible.

Check for Lost or Available Pets through Charlotte-Mecklenburg Animal Control