Adventure Camp Counselor
Positions Available: 2
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
· Must have valid NC Driver’s License and good driving record. Campers go on field trips every day. Responsible for trasporting children & other counselors..
· Assists the Camp Supervisor with the implementation of the Adventure Camp Program.
· General work hours may vary. Counselor needs to be available Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m.
· Attend staff trainings before camp starts and meetings throughout camp weeks.
· Assists in planning, scheduling and coordinating of programs and activities for children; works with children directly to organize activities, games, field trips, arts and crafts, etc.
· Oversees the welfare, conduct, discipline and safety of children.
· Enforce all program policies via the parent handbook
· Notifies supervisor of accidents, incidents, disciplinary actions and other circumstances of concern and fills out necessary forms for documentation as needed.
· Performs other duties as apparent or assigned.
· Stay, supervise and plan activities with campers during overnight field trips.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
General knowledge of children’s developmental and social growth expectations and needs; some knowledge of health, safety and first aid practices, methods and techniques; skill in working with children; ability to establish and maintain standards of behavior; ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with parents; associates and program participants.
Applications may be downloaded off website at www.huntersville.org and will be accepted Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm at the Huntersville Parks and Recreation Department Administrative Office at 105 Gilead Rd, 3rd Floor, mailed to PO Box 2879, Huntersville, NC 28070 or e-mail Lindsay Small, Recreation Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED