Downtown Events & Facility Coordinator (full-time)
General Definition of Work - Performs professional work coordinating, implementing, and managing a variety of special events, the Huntersville Growers’ Market, managing the operation of the downtown community center, associated marketing campaigns, and related work as required. Work is performed under the limited supervision of the Recreation Superintendent. Supervision is exercised over both full-time and part-time personnel. The ability to work weekends and evenings are required for this position.
• Plans, develops, implements, markets and supervises a variety of recreation programs including, but not limited to the Growers’ Market and special events.
• Performs various administrative & management duties associated with the downtown community center, the Growers’ Market and special events such as: budgets, sponsorships, grant management duties, marketing & data entry.
• Trains, supervises and evaluates part-time staff.
• Analyzes recreation program trends and modifies existing programs/events based on community needs and desires.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationship with the community and the media.
• Collects data to measure event & program outcomes and prepares documentation.
• Performs other duties as apparent or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- General knowledge of the equipment and techniques necessary to successfully conduct special events & recreation programs; general knowledge of the methods involved in organizing, conducting, promoting and supervising special events & recreational activities; ability to manage community & rental facilities; knowledge of computer software appropriate to programs; general knowledge of first aid methods and necessary safety precautions to be used in recreation work; ability to express ideas clearly both orally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with participants, associates and the general public.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree with coursework in recreation, physical education, or related field with experience in organizing special events & recreation programs.
- Possession of first aid and CPR certifications. Possession of an appropriate driver's license valid in the State of North Carolina. CPRP preferred.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO APPLY
- Contact -Tracy Houk, Recreation Superintendent, firstname.lastname@example.org
, 704.766.2227. Submit resume and application
by mail to: Huntersville Parks and Recreation, PO Box 2879, Huntersville, NC 28070 or you may email it directly to email@example.com
Starting Salary: $39,677.
The final candidate will be required to pass a drug screen and background check. The Town of Huntersville is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis prohibited by law.