After School Program Counselor
Pay Rate: $9.00/hr
The Huntersville Parks and Recreation Department is accepting applications for an After School Program Counselor position. Under direct supervision from the Assistant Recreation Coordinator, this position is responsible for:
• Assist in planning, implementing, supervising and daily program activities and responsible for welfare, conduct, discipline and safety of children.
• Maintains informative and positive communication with participants and parents.
• Assist in organizing activities, games, field trips, arts and crafts, and more. Ensures preparation of facility, coordination from all types (including homework, snacks, crafts, active and passive games, field trips, special events, etc).
• Communicate with the Assistant Recreation Coordinator in regards to program ideas or other concerns that may arise with planning and implementation of the HPRD After School Program.
• Communicate After School Program rules, procedures, and activities to students, and their parents/guardians. Prepares and maintains reports, forms, and records.
• General work hours may vary but normal work schedule is Monday - Friday 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm. Does work occasional weekends during special events and performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Associates or technical degree with coursework in early childhood education, parks and recreation or a related field, experience in child care, or equivalent combination education and experience.
Possession of a valid driver’s license in the State of North Carolina (a CDL desired) or willing to get CDL Class C after hire. First Aid / CPR training is required
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO APPLY
Contact –Lindsay Small, Assistant Recreation Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 704.766.2220. Submit resume and application by mail to: Huntersville Parks and Recreation, PO Box 2879, Huntersville, NC 28070 or you may email it directly to email@example.com
. You may download a copy of application via the link at the top of this page. The final candidate will be required to pass a drug screen and background check. The Town of Huntersville is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis prohibited by law.