- Starting Salary: $38,636 (DOQ)
- Take home vehicle for in-town residency
- 2.5% pay incentive for residency within Town limits
- 5% pay incentive for Bachelor's Degree
- 2.5% pay incentive for Associate's Degree
- Employee assistance program
- 5% of annual salary contributed by Town to 401K
- Paid medical and dental insurance for employee
- Life insurance – two times annual salary with cap at $200,000
- Long term disability coverage
- Fitness membership at reduced rates
- NC Local Governmental Retirement System membership
- Equivalent of 10 vacation days (80 hours) per year
- Equivalent of 12 sick days (96 hours) per year
- 12 holidays per year
The Selection Process:
- Huntersville Police Department will perform the
following screening process of applicants that meet the essential
requirements for employing in the following order:
- Receipt of resume/application
- Applicant pre-employment test
- An oral interview before a board of staff
officers of the police department. Only qualified applicants will be
invited back for further testing. Not all applicants who are interviewed
will be carried forward.
- Each applicant who is carried over from the oral
board will have an extensive background investigation completed. Only
the most qualified applicants will be invited back for further testing.
Not all applicants who are interviewed will be carried forward.
- Applicants who are carried forward from the
background investigation process will be given a "Conditional Offer of
Employment" and then must pass or meet the Huntersville Police
Department standards on the following examinations:
- Medical examination (physical and drug screen)
- Psychological assessment
- Polygraph examination
- Firearms qualification
Upon hire, the new employee is subject to a one year probation period which will include a 14-week field training assignment.
To start the application process for employment as a Huntersville Police Officer, prepare a resume, cover letter, and a copy of your BLET certification and click HERE.
The Town of Huntersville is an equal opportunity employer
and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability, or any other basis prohibited by law.