posted on July 29, 2013 11:41
From NCDOT – Weeks of intense, powerful storms have compromised several roadways in the Charlotte region, resulting in closures and detours. The N.C. Department of Transportation has been assessing damage to determine necessary repairs and improvements.
Bridge crews and maintenance crews have made steady progress over the last several weeks. The following roads are still under repair:
• Gilead Road: NCDOT has advertised a contract for repairs, expecting to start next week and complete repairs by August 23;
• Bud Henderson Road: The department anticipates completing repairs by the end of next week;
• Mallard Creek Road: Crews will complete repairs by 7 p.m. tonight, July 29.
• Bowman-Barrier Road: NCDOT estimates beginning repairs at this location next week and opening the road by August 16;
• Harris Road: Crews should wrap up repairs by the end of this week.
• Nelson Mountain Road: NCDOT will complete repairs by August 16;
• Fink Road: Maintenance crews will finish pipe replacement work by the end of this week;
• Canton Road: The department should have repairs wrapped up by August 9.
While repairs continue, NCDOT advises motorists to follow posted detour signs and not attempt to drive around barricades. Weather conditions may impact the repair schedule at each location.