posted on January 03, 2013 10:07
The Town of Huntersville Parks and Recreation Department (HPRD) will hold its 2013 Day of Service Project on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, January 21, 2013 at 1:00 p.m. to benefit the Growers Market.
The project will consist of installing borders & gravel for a walking path, installing landscape beds, planting trees and putting up a fence at Growers Market. HPRD is searching for volunteers that would be willing to help. This project is open to individuals, groups, clubs and businesses interested in helping out for a great cause.
For more information or to sign up, please call the Huntersville Parks and Recreation Department at 704-766-2220
The Huntersville Community Day of Service Project supports community improvement projects that fall within the following focus areas:
• Park and neighborhood beautification and enhancements (flowers, trees, fresh paint, etc.)
• Building repair/renovation and landscaping enhancements of facilities serving the community
• Community garden, park, or playground projects
• Community clean-up initiatives
• Outdoor learning environments such as educational gardening programs
The mission of the Huntersville Parks and Recreation Department to provide a localized system of parks and recreation resources and services to enhance the quality of life of Huntersville residents.
Scott A. Treon, Assistant Director
Town of Huntersville Parks and Recreation Department
704-766-2226 / firstname.lastname@example.org