posted on September 18, 2015 06:45
Recently the Huntersville Police Department has seen an increase of vehicle break-ins throughout town. We want to remind you of a few tips that might prevent you from being the next victim.
1. At home please make sure to keep your garage door down. If your vehicle is parked in your driveway, make sure the keys are removed, windows are up and the doors are locked.
2. If you need to secure valuables, please secure them in the trunk area of your vehicle while keeping a constant eye on your surroundings.
3. Do not leave small change out in the open. This can be a small fortune for many.
4. If your stereo is equipped with a removable face plate please remove and secure if possible.
5. Don’t leave spare keys in your vehicle. An experienced thief knows all the hiding places.
6. Lock truck-bed toolboxes.
Again, these are tips but it is up to YOU not to be the next victim.
Follow HPD on Facebook and Twitter for updated crime prevention information or you can contact Sgt. Kevin Tatur at 704-464-5400 or email@example.com